Your careers website is, for obvious reasons, the hub of your recruitment marketing program. And, along with the ATS and interview processes, is pivotal to the overall candidate experience of your job applicants. As such, it should always be treated as a living, breathing entity — restructured, reorganized, enhanced and optimized.
It’s rare when an organization needs to turn its employer brand promise completely on its head. Nonetheless, there are many ways to breathe new life into the experience periodically (creative refresh, functional enhancements, site personalization and globalization, just to name a few).
When it came time for Wegmans to revamp their website experience, they had a few objectives in mind:
- A new look and feel
- More visually oriented
- Aligned with their new brand identity
- User Experience
- Re-engineer the navigation tab and page layout to make content more ubiquitous and easier to access
- Telling the Job Story
- For Warehouse jobs, implement a moving ‘Reasons Why’ infographic: https://jobs.wegmans.com/Retail-Service-Center
- On all Culinary job description pages, implement a ‘Career Path’ infographic:
Wegmans Talent Sourcing & Diversity Manager Karen Loughlin had this to say about the experience:
“Partnering with TMP helped us reignite our brand and attract top-tier talent for our growing company. They helped us navigate what we should show on our site and provided the data to back up every recommendation.”
In the four months since the site refreshed, traffic is up 20% compared to the same time period in 2018.
Now that the refresh is complete and showing positive results, they’ve turned their eyes to the future. They have instituted TalentBrew Self Service to be able to add (and map) new content to their site and their jobs in real-time.
Always be evolving. Wegmans exemplifies that as much as any company.
Make sure to visit the new Wegmans TalentBrew Careers Site!
[Editor’s Note: Congrats to Wegmans for reaching #3 on FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2019: https://fortune.com/best-companies/2019/wegmans-food-markets/ and #30 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work 2020 list: https://www.glassdoor.com/Award/Best-Places-to-Work-LST_KQ0,19.htm]
Special thanks to the Wegmans Account Team at TMP:
- Zia Kanner, Account Director
- Amanda Ayotte, Digital Strategist
- Mary Alice Sosnoski, VP Client Strategy
- Tim Connor, Creative Director
- Kelly Brown, Digital Project Manager
- Flannagh Fitzsimmons, Account Executive
- Gabriel Derr, Account Executive
- Massage Envy, The Franchise Player - September 18, 2020
- The Wolf Pack Effect: How Great Wolf Lodge Regionalizes Their Employer Brand Messaging - September 10, 2020
- Capital One: Engaging Candidates in Times of Uncertainty - July 28, 2020
- Architecting the Entire Candidate Journey - June 30, 2020
- HARMAN’s Global EVP: Research, Realization, Rollout - June 15, 2020
- Telling the Story of Saving Lives - June 2, 2020
- For Santander Bank, Candidate Experience Starts with Employees - May 26, 2020
- Breathing New Life into the Wegmans TalentBrew Careers Website - May 14, 2020
- (Em)Powering Female Leaders at Intel - April 29, 2020